Choose a Real Estate Broker
To BuyChoosing A
Agent Time to
Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions, understanding complex issues and completing complicated and important contract paperwork. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. As a former CPA and very seasoned professional I can guide you through this process.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time broker – one who is college educated, has significant business experience and experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Be sure that your broker is familiar with the area in which you are interested in buying.
- Ask how much time the broker will have for you, and if they are available at night and on weekends.
- Ask about their credentials and education.
- Ask about the broker’s communication style.
- Ask for a list of properties the broker has sold.
- Ask for a list of client testimonials from past clients.
- Don’t pick a broker purely on the basis that they are a friend or family member. Select your broker based on their experience and professionalism.
- Choose a broker who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick a broker, with whom you feel comfortable.